Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dizzy Knitting

AKA What I Hate About Picking Up Stitches for the Instep of Socks

So I've made it to the instep part of my second sock in my DDD Life is Sweet Plain Janes.  Plain Janes are what I call socks with ribbing on the top of the foot, 'cause they're not just plain vanilla.  Anyway, now I have to pick up all of those stitches, which I hate.  I can never figure out if I'm doing it the way you're supposed to do it.  I always pick up under both loops and twist the stitches so there aren't huge gaps, but it looks weird.  Well, it looks weird any way you do it.  I also have a cold, and cold/sinus meds do not work well with knitting, it seems. 

Along with my stitch-picking-up, I have had to tink and reknit multiple portions of my mom's seaweed scarf, which she managed to mangle twice in the ruffle so far.  I have no patience for this.  Thank goodness I don't teach knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment