Sunday, March 25, 2012

Angus

For his birthday, I told my nephew I would knit him an Angus the Attic Monster.  Why did I do this?


Good question.  While I do enjoy knitting in general, and monsters in particular, I detest the monsters with long arms and legs.  Never ending arm and leg knitting!!  I still have a Jerry monkey with 1 arm and a tail.  It took my months to finish my Janina monkey's limbs, after finishing the body rather quickly.  Still, I let the kid come over, and look through the book, and pick out what he wanted.  I won the battle over color (green that I didn't have vs. multi-colored variegated I do have), so when I asked him if he was sure he didn't want a Baldwin instead, I didn't push too hard.

I so regret that right now.  So I'm sitting here knitting these insanely long arms and legs.  The hands even have thumbs!  Aaarrrggghhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment