Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My clapotis is finished

It took me two weeks to knit the thing.  But I love it.  I finished it Sunday, frantically, and while in the car on my way to a thirty-one party, I wove in the ends.  I wore it unblocked over a black tank top, and I got tons of compliments.  Sure, I was the youngest person there by at least 10 years, but it was a big hit.  I got raves over the color, the fun dropped stitches...it was awesome.  I also hooked some one up with knitting lesson info, further spreading my insane love of knitting and yarn. 
In celebration of this knitting triumph, and recent birthday, I rewarded myself with a new knitting book, Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson.  Now, I'm really a cuff-down sock knitter, but I thought it would check it out.  I read about the book in the KnitPicks catalog, then I checked it on amazon, reading all the reviews, and decided to give toe-up socks another try.  But not with short row heels, please.  They worked ok for anklets, but ick on the full sock.
Tomorrow, I'm off to learn intarsia.

No comments:

Post a Comment